The following alert warning message comes up when a QuickBooks user gets interrupted with the QuickBooks error 1618, “Error: There was a problem installing Microsoft Runtime Library (1618)”. It is primarily encountered while in the process of installing the QuickBooks Desktop on your system. Now, the questions arise, why it takes place and how to overcome it effectively. Hence, to answer all your doubts, go through this entire article. Make sure to give it a read until the end to understand better.
If you find it challenging to fix the QuickBooks error code 1618, immediately have a word with the technical support team for guidance through our Toll-Free 1.855.738.2784.
Why Do I Come Across the Installation Error Code 1618 in QuickBooks?
To gather knowledge on what causes the issue, read out the following points-
- 1.The installation of the QuickBooks Desktop might have been corrupted or even remained incomplete.
- 2.One of the other reasons might include the deletion of the QuickBooks program files.
By now, you must be aware of the reasons that give rise to the problem. So let us move ahead to learn the top two processes to rectify the same.
You may read also : QuickBooks missing pdf component
Is There a Way Through Which I Can Rectify the QuickBooks Desktop Error Message 1618?
Are you looking for suitable methods to troubleshoot the error 1618 in QuickBooks? If yes, then you are at the right place! Go through the following instructions and fix the issue accordingly-
SOLUTION 1: Close the MSIEXEC.EXE Process
- 1.In the first step, you must hit the ‘Ctrl + Alt + Del’ keys on your keyboard.
- 2.After that, choose ‘Task Manager’ and jump to the ‘Processes’ tab.
- 3.In order to view the processes alphabetically, tap on the ‘Image Name’ column.
- 4.Now, you must keep scrolling down and looking for the ‘MSIEXEC.EXE’ processes.
- 5.Once you find them, choose and then tap on the ‘End Process’ button.
- 6.In the final step, quit the entire window.
SOLUTION 2: Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool After Installing the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- 1.Before you move towards using the QuickBooks Tool Hub, close your QuickBooks if it is running on the desktop.
- 2.Open the internet browser and download the newly released version of the Tool Hub application.
- 3.After that, save the file and then get ready for the installation procedure.
- 4.Now, run the ‘QuickBooksToolHub.exe’ file.
- 5.You are required to follow the steps displayed on the screen.
- 6.Further, accept the terms and conditions by check-marking the accurate checkbox.
- 7.Click on the ‘Finish’ button to successfully end the installation.
- 8.Move to your Windows desktop and then open the QB Tool Hub.
- 9.From the ‘Installation Issues’ section, opt for the ‘QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool’ button.
- 10.At last, after the tool fixes all the problems, restart your computer.
As we come to an end, we suppose you must have been able to understand and fix the QuickBooks error 1618 properly. All this given info has been provided to you only after consultation with our certified professionals’ team. So, in case the issue still persists even after applying the troubleshooting methods, feel free to get in touch with one of the pro advisors at our Toll-Free 1.855.738.2784.