The QuickBooks error 6147 is a glitch that is related to the company file. Whenever you make an attempt to access your data file, you receive the error. It even triggers a warning message saying, "We’re sorry. QuickBooks couldn’t open your company file”. As the company file is a crucial component of QuickBooks and contains all the vital information about your organization’s finance, it is advised to rectify the issue as soon as possible. So, go ahead and keep reading this blog till the end to learn a few effective ways of troubleshooting it.
Got doubts about what to do when incurring QuickBooks company file error 6147? Immediately dial our Toll-Free 1.855.738.2784 and have a one-to-one conversation with the team of professionals.
What Provokes the QuickBooks Desktop Error Message 6147?
Acquire relevant info on what causes the glitch by reading out the pointers we have enlisted here-
- 1.Using an outdated version of the installed QuickBooks software can trigger a glitch.
- 2.The corruption or severe damage of the transaction log and network data file might be one of the other reasons.
You may read also : QuickBooks Running SlowQuickBooks Running Slow
What are Various Methods to Delete the QuickBooks Company File Error 6147?
Take a look at the below-mentioned steps if you want to get rid of the given issue completely-
SOLUTION 1: Perform the Update Installation of Your QuickBooks Desktop
- 1.Make sure that QuickBooks is not running on your computer.
- 2.Now, go to the system’s desktop and locate QuickBooks.
- 3.After that, right-click on the QB icon and opt for the ‘Run as Administrator’ option.
- 4.Further, you must move to the No Company Open window and click on the ‘Help’ tab.
- 5.Hit the ‘Update QuickBooks Desktop’ option under the menu.
- 6.Next, jump to the ‘Options’ tab.
- 7.From there, click ‘Mark All’ and then ‘Save’.
- 8.Checkmark the ‘Reset Update’ checkbox available in the ‘Update Now’ section.
- 9.In order to download the updates, enable the ‘Get Updates’ checkbox.
- 10.At last, restart QuickBooks to install the downloaded updates.
- 11.To use the updated QuickBooks, reboot your device.
SOLUTION 2: Change the Network Data and Transaction Log File Name
- 1.Initially, you are required to move to the location of your company file folder.
- 2.After that, from the folder, look for the transaction log and network data file.
- 3.Both files will have a similar name as that of your data file along with .ND and .TLG extensions, respectively.
- 4.Once you find them, proceed towards editing their names.
- 5.Right-click on any one file and then hit the ‘Rename’ option.
- 6.Include ‘.OLD’ at the end of the file name and then save the change by pressing the ‘Enter’ key.
- 7.Now, follow all these steps again to modify the other file name.
- 8.Finally, quit the folder and open QuickBooks to run the company file.
As we come to an end, we believe that the content provided here about the QuickBooks error 6147 must have been useful for you. Even though these troubleshooting methods should eliminate the problem smoothly, if you continue to see it, then we recommend you directly get in touch with one of the pro advisors via our Toll-Free 1.855.738.2784 for quick solutions.