Out of all the issues faced by QuickBooks users, network issues are the most common ones. If you are receiving the connection has been lost error message, don’t worry. We can help you fix this with the help of a few solutions. The QuickBooks network connection error can arise due to multiple reasons. We are going to discuss the reasons and solutions for this error in this article. So let’s see the steps involved in fixing the QuickBooks network failure.
Have difficulty understanding the steps or are unable to fix the error? You can contact us at 1-855-948-3646 to get technical assistance.
What Causes the Connection Failure?
The network connection error in QuickBooks can occur due to the following possible reasons :
- 1.The network is unable to communicate with the company file.
- 2.Insufficient permissions in the company file folder.
- 3.Firewall obstruction or the antivirus program is preventing the application from running.
- 4.The company or directory file is damaged or corrupted.
- 5.The monitor service responsible for keeping the connection intact is unexpectedly terminated.
You may read also : QuickBooks Update Error 15243
Let’s Fix the QuickBooks Network Connection Error
The network failure can be fixed by following a few simple steps. The steps are -
Step 1 - Refreshing the Browser
Remove the network error message by reloading the page and refreshing the browser.
- 1.Press F5 or the Reload button to download the entire page.
- 2.Restart your computer and log in to QuickBooks Online.
Step 2 - Checking the Firewall Access
Firewall obstruction or incorrect firewall settings can cause QuickBooks connection failure. Try to reset the firewall access.
- 1.On the Windows Start menu, search for Firewall and open the Firewall settings.
- 2.Select advanced settings and right-click on Inbounds Rule > New Rule > TCP option.
- 3.Select Specific Local Port on the Ports tab.
Step 3 - Using QuickBooks Fix my Program
Download and install the QuickBooks tool hub and run the tool.
- 1.In the tool hub, click on Program Problems from the Installed program tab.
- 2.Click on Quick Fix my Program and run it.
- 3.Now see if the issue is fixed.
Step 4 - Running the File Doctor
Run QuickBooks File Doctor from the tool hub to detect any company file damages.
- 1.Open the tool hub and go to the Company File issues tab.
- 2.Select File Doctor > Company File diagnose.
- 3.Once the diagnosis ends, view the results.
???????Step 5 - Changing the Company File Location
Change your file location by following the given steps -
- 1.Create and name a folder on your preferred drive.
- 2.Go to your company file location and copy it. Paste it to the newly created folder.
- 3.Now. Open QuickBooks and press Ctrl + Shift. The ‘No Company Window’ will show up.
- 4.Click on Open or Restore a Company File > Open a Company File > Next.
- 5.Go to the new folder and open your company file.
Step 6 - Disabling Power Management
Try turning off the power saving option to fix the connection that has been lost error.
- 1.Select the Power option on the Control Panel.
- 2.Switch off the standby, hibernation, and sleep mode.
- 3.Now. Open QuickBooks and the company file again to see if the issue is resolved.
Follow the given solution to troubleshoot the QuickBooks network connection error. If you aren’t able to resolve the error even after following the solutions, you might need advanced troubleshooting. Contact our technical team at 1-855-948-3646 for assistance with the same.