Are you getting the error UEXP while updating QuickBooks Desktop payroll? Want to know how to fix QuickBooks error UEXP? We have got you covered! Being one of the common errors faced by users, the UEXP error code creates difficulty in verifying account status on QuickBooks Desktop. The error can occur due to a few possible reasons, which we are going to discuss in this article along with the solutions to fix this error and resume working on your QuickBooks desktop seamlessly.
If you need help troubleshooting the error or are unable to understand the steps, you can reach out to our technical team at 1.855.738.2784 for assistance.
Why Does the QuickBooks Error Code UEXP Occur?
Before going through the solutions, let’s understand the reasons for the error -
- 1.Outdated QuickBooks Desktop.
- 2.The e-File and e-Pay versions connected to the company file are not updated to the latest version.
- 3.Inactive Payroll subscription in the data file.
You may read also : QuickBooks Connection Has Been Lost
How to Fix the QuickBooks Desktop Error UEXP?
Here are the solutions to fix the error -
Solution 1 - Updating QuickBooks Desktop
Try installing the latest version of QuickBooks Desktop to resolve the error.
- 1.From the Task Manager, end all processes related to the company files and QuickBooks Desktop.
- 2.Hold the Ctrl key and double-click on the QB icon. Release the key when the No Company Open screen appears.
- 3.On the No Company Open window, open the Help menu and choose the Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
- 4.Select Mark All under the Options tab. Select Save.
- 5.On the Update Now tab, checkmark the Reset Update checkbox.
- 6.Select Get Updates and once the download completes, close the No Company Open window.
- 7.Restart QuickBooks Desktop and install the updates.
- 8.Reboot your computer after the installation.
Solution 2 - Backing Up the Data File
This prevents any data corruption or deletion of your important files.
- 1.On the File menu of your QuickBooks Desktop, choose the Switch to Single User Mode option.
- 2.Go to the File menu again then, select Back Up Company > Create Local Backup.
- 3.Click on Local Backup > Next on the appeared pop-up window.
- 4.Under the Local Backup Only section, browse for the folder where you want to save the backup company file.
- 5.A health test will run through the backup files. Once it’s done, click on OK > Save it Now > Next.
Solution 3 - Upgrading the e-File and e-Pay Versions
Updating the versions to the latest release helps any erroneous file issue and resolves the QuickBooks payroll update error=UEXP -
- 1.Go to the Employees menu on QuickBooks, and select My Payroll Service > Manage Service Key.
- 2.Select the correct payroll service once the QuickBooks Service Keys window appears and then -
- ?If you are using QuickBooks Desktop Direct Deposit, select Edit and press Next followed by clicking on Finish.
- ?Click on Remove or press Alt + O, if you not using the direct deposit.
- 3.Click on Yes and enter the service key. Restart the system.
The above steps will help you fix the QuickBooks error UEXP. Follow the steps and if the error persists, you can contact our technical team at 1.855.738.2784 for assistance with the issue.