QuickBooks is an extensively used accounting software and is known for managing all the financial records for a company. This program puts forward a lot of features and users commonly encountered questions such as, ‘Change The EFTPS Password in QuickBooks.’ EFTPS is an Electronic Federal Tax Payment System. It is a part of Payroll tax payments.
Resetting the new password and managing all the credentials can be difficult and can lead to some serious issues if not done carefully. Hence; call our experts at +1 800-579-9430 and our QuickBooks specialists will aid you in removing this error efficiently.
Solutions to Change the EFTPS Password in QuickBooks
This password is known for securing the payroll tax tables. Payroll is a requisite feature of the QuickBooks comprising all the crucial data including the invoices, taxation, transactions and more. Therefore it is secured with multiple passwords, and one of those passwords is EFTPS. Whenever you set a password ensure that you save it in a place which you can access later easily. We have mentioned one of the most reliable solutions to change the EFTPS password. Follow them to either set or change the password.
Step 1: From the EFTPS Website
Go to the ‘Start’ menu and search for the ‘Internet Explorer.’
- Then type ‘EFTPS’ and press enter.
- Open the authentic website, and you will see the home page.
- Select ‘Login,’ and you will see numerous credentials asked, such as Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN), PIN, and your password.
- Login using this data and ensure that all the information you enter is correct.
- Now, you can update the ‘Internet Password.’
- But make sure that you stick to the password security requirements.
- The primary need is to set the password between ‘12-30 characters.’
- Once you have done this, save the new password safely.
- Wait until 1 hour before proceeding with any payments.
Read more :- QuickBooks error 6190 and 816
Step 2: Update Password in QuickBooks Desktop
After step one it is necessary to update that password in QuickBooks desktop. Both the passwords must match each other. Carry out the steps below to do so.
- Open the QuickBooks software from the start menu.
- Then head towards the employees section and under that you will see a payroll center option.
- Click on it to open it and then select pay liabilities tab.
- From there, click on pay taxes and other liabilities option.
- Choose federal tax followed by selecting view or pay.
- Click on epayment and you will see a dialogue box.
- Then select remember my information for the next time.
- This will ensure that QuickBooks has been updated with your new password.
- Enter your new EFTPS password along with the ‘4-digit’ security pin.
- Ensure that all the missing information is filled correctly.
- Click on ‘submit’ and again enter the 4-digit pin along with the EFTPS internet password when you make an e-payment next time.
- Choose the ‘Remember my information option.
Follow both the steps to change the EFTPS password in QuickBooks. If these steps do not help, call our QuickBooks consultant at +1 800-579-9430 to redeem the best technical assistance instantly.
Related article :- QuickBooks error olsu 1024