A balance sheet denotes the financial position of an organization. When it is in balance, the total assets match with the total liabilities and equities. Any disparities in the report make QuickBooks balance sheet out of balance. It usually happens when transactions are recorded incorrectly. Doesn’t matter whether the balance sheet is in accrual or cash basis, the total number of assets should match with the sum of total liabilities and equities. Through this advisory blog, we will brief you on causes and solutions to fix QuickBooks balance sheet error, so stay connected.
QuickBooks balance sheet out of balance is indeed a complicated error to tackle. But not anymore. Get direct assistance from the QuickBooks support team by dialing 1.855.738.2784
Main causes why QuickBooks balance sheet shows a different balance?
The factors that make the balance sheet out are as follows:
- 1. There is some data damage in the company file.
- 2. The transactions are not entered correctly.
- 3. The multi-currency feature is turned on.
- 4. An inventory returned by the customer is recorded incorrectly.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error OL 301
Tested Methods to Fix QuickBooks Balance Sheet errors
Method 1. Run the report in accrual basis to fix balance sheet errors
- 1. Within QuickBooks, choose the Reports menu and select Company & Financial.
- 2. Select Balance Sheet Summary and click Customize Report.
- 3. Go to the Display menu, head to the Reports Basis section, and click Accrual.
If the balance sheet is out on accrual basis, follow the steps listed below and rebuild the company file:
- 1. Select the QuickBooks File menu, choose Utilities and click Rebuild Data.
- 2. On the QuickBooks Information window, click OK and wait till the tool repairs the company file.
- 3. Once it completes, click OK and select the File menu.
- 4. Select Utilities and click Verify Data. The repair tool will scan the file to find data issues.
- 5. If QuickBooks does not find any issue, click OK. If it finds a problem, select Rebuild Now.
Method 2. Track down the exact date when the balance sheet went out
- 1. Select the QuickBooks Reports menu, click Company & Financial, and choose Balance Sheet Summary.
- 2. Click Customize Report, select the Display tab, and choose the Dates dropdown menu.
- 3. Click All, head to the Reports Basis section, and click Accrual if your balance sheet is out on accrual basis.
- 4. Select Cash if the balance sheet is out in cash.
- 5. Now, go to the Columns section, choose Display columns by dropdown, and click Year.
- 6. Match total assets in the report with total liabilities & equity to find where the balance sheet went out.
- 7. Find the Month, Week, and Day that makes the balance sheet out.
- 8. Re-date the transaction, or you can also delete and re-enter the transaction.
If you are facing any difficulty in fixing QuickBooks balance sheet out of balance error, reach out to the QuickBooks support team for help by calling us on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784.