There can be a plethora of factors because of which QuickBooks freezes when opening. If you ever come across the technical glitch, do not get worried as it arises due to some minor unexpected faults. For instance, suppose your company file name exceeds the maximum character limit; this specific error can interrupt. Thus, through this informative blog, we will discuss this problem in brief and acquire relevant knowledge about it. As you go through the content, it explains different ways of fixing the issue, followed by its causes.
Do you have any doubts related to the frozen QuickBooks Desktop? Then immediately contact our team of pro advisors via Toll-Free 1.855.738.2784.
Reasons That Trigger the Glitch Due to Which Your QuickBooks Does Not Respond
Look at the following causes of the error to understand which factors can affect such a problem-
- 1.Probably, the damage or corruption of the QBWUSER.ini file can cause the issue to arise on your desktop.
- 2.Secondly, another reason for encountering this error might be the outdated QuickBooks. If your QuickBooks is not updated with the newly released updates, you will not be able to avail yourself of the new features.
You may read also : QuickBooks Connection Has Been Lost
What Should I Do If My QuickBooks Application Gets Frozen?
Have you wondered how to re-launch your QuickBooks Desktop by eliminating this error? Then read out this section of the blog in detail to get relevant answers to your question. We have focused on the two most effective troubleshooting methods that will help you in rectifying the issue completely-
SOLUTION 1: Modify the Name of the QBWUSER.ini File to Fix the Error
- 1.In the first step, you must go to the folder of the QBWUSER.ini file.
- 2.After you locate the file, right-click on the file.
- 3.Further, proceed by tapping on the ‘Rename’ option.
- 4.To change the old name, add ‘.old’ at the very end of the file name.
- 5.As you hit the ‘Enter’ key on your keyboard, the new file name gets saved.
- 6.By following the same steps, edit the name of the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file.
- 7.Finally, run the QuickBooks application again.
SOLUTION 2: Jump to an Updated Version of QuickBooks Installed on Your Computer
- 1.Remember to quit the QuickBooks Desktop before updating it if you are using it currently.
- 2.Further, on the system’s desktop, locate your QuickBooks Desktop and then right-click on it.
- 3.Select the ‘Run as Administrator’ option.
- 4.In the following step, you are required to open the No Company Open window, and then under the ‘Help’ menu, opt for the ‘Update QuickBooks Desktop’ option.
- 5.Now, go to the ‘Options’ tab to ‘Mark all’.
- 6.Save it and checkmark the ‘Reset Update’ checkbox from the ‘Update Now’ tab.
- 7.At last, download the updates by clicking on the ‘Get Updates’ option.
- 8.In the final step, complete the installation of the downloaded updates by restarting QuickBooks.
The article ends here. We hope you must have understood the entire concept and learned what to do if QuickBooks freezes when opening. If you have any further queries or are stuck while troubleshooting the same, do not hesitate to have a one-to-one consultation with one of the experts at our Toll-Free 1.855.738.2784.