Mr. Journo
Home Finance Top 7 Sbi Mutual Fund Schemes in 2022

Top 7 Sbi Mutual Fund Schemes in 2022

by Parveen Kumar - 11 Jul 2022, Monday 285 Views Like (0)
Top 7 Sbi Mutual Fund Schemes in 2022

Indian investors who are risk-takers have always been looking for trustworthy fund houses to park their monies on a long-term basis that not only assures long-term capital appreciation but also manage funds ethically.

SBI Mutual Fund is one of India's oldest and leading AMCs which has earned a reputation as a safe fund earning investors confidence over the years. Let us discuss the top 7 SBI Mutual Fund schemes in 2022 that you may consider.

SBI Technology Opportunities Fund:

SBI Mutual Fund manages this fund launched in 2013 to invest in growth sectors and stocks in India, thereby providing investors like you with maximum growth and return. The fund manager allocates early 90% of assets in equity and the remaining 10% into cash. The fund posted 3 years annualized return of 25.2%. However, the annual return in 2021 was 66.4% on an absolute basis. It held net assets of Rs. 2416 crores in May 2022. SBI Technology Opportunities Fund poses a high-risk factor wherein, based on your risk-bearing capacity, you can start investing with a minimum SIP of Rs. 500, and the minimum investment in the fund is Rs. 5000.

SBI Small Cap Fund:

Earlier, this fund was known as SBI Small & Midcap Fund, which allocates funds in small and midcap securities equities. This fund provides long-term capital appreciation and regular income if you seek to generate passive income. The fund held an AUM of Rs. 11831 crores on 31st May 2022. This fund is moderately risky have posted 3 years annualized return of 23.3%. As an investment philosophy, this fund has predominantly allocated 10.52% in cash, 89.34% in equity, and the remaining 0.14% in debt. If this fund matches your investment rationale, you can start a minimum SIP of Rs. 500.

SBI Healthcare Opportunities Fund: SBI Healthcare Opportunities Fund, erstwhile SBI Pharma Fund, is a high-risk sectoral mutual fund catering to healthcare and basic material stocks. The fund posted an annualized return (CAGR) of 13.4% since its inception. However, on an absolute basis, it posted a return of 20.1% in 2021 and 65.8% in 2020. The fund was launched in 2004, and its net assets were Rs. 1638 crores in May 2022. You need a minimum investment of Rs. 5000 to subscribe to this fund.

SBI Contra Fund:

The fund manager does a remarkable job through active fund management to provide investors like you with long-term capital appreciation and gains. The unique aspect of this fund is that it invests 65% of capital in stock that caters to contrarian investment themes and the flexibility of investing the remaining 35% in different equities, debt, or money market instruments. The fund size was nearly Rs. 4588 crores on 31st May 2022 and is a risky mutual fund that tracks S&P BSE 500 Index as a benchmark. The fund has posted a CAGR of 15.5% since its inception. But the mutual fund clocked a return of 49.9% in 2021.

SBI Magnum Mid Cap Fund:

This fund manages a well-diversified portfolio of mid-cap companiesí equity stocks, allowing you to grow your wealth by providing long-term capital appreciation and growth. The fund is moderately risky and has clocked a CAGR of 16% since its inception. It stands with net assets of Rs. 6891 crores on 31st May 2022 and NAV of Rs. 129.62 posted on 1st July 2022. In 2021, SBI Magnum Mid Cap Fund generated a return of 52.2% on an absolute basis versus 30.4% in 2020. 

SBI Consumption Opportunities Fund:

Formerly known as SBI FMCG Fund, it is a sectoral fund primarily investing in stocks of consumer cyclical, consumer defensive sectors. Since this fund takes a sectoral bet, it is a high-risk fund. SBI Consumption Opportunities Fund held a NAV of Rs. 179.128 on 1st July 2022, and its net assets stood at Rs. 938 crores on 31st May 2022. The fund delivered a historical return of 13.9% in 2020, increasing to 35.6% in 2021. However, the 3-year annualized return is 17.5%. You can start a minimum SIP of Rs. 500 in this fund.

SBI Magnum COMMA Fund

This mutual fund follows an investment rationale to invest in companies based on sectors like oil and gas, metals, agriculture, and materials, which have a primary business of trading in commodities. This fund provides investors like you to grow your wealth-generating return from these promising avenues.

The fund generated an annual return of 23.9% in 2021 and spiked to 52% in 2021. The fund held net assets of Rs. 453 crores on 1st July 2022. Although SBI Mutual Fund has created some of the best mutual funds in India, investing in financial markets should ultimately match investment goals, objectives, and risk-taking capacity.