Every human being on the plant requires a consistent oxygen supply to survive and grow. The oxygen we breathe from the air is 21% oxygen, sufficient to keep our bodies functioning.
This oxygen is utilized to produce energy and carry out daily functions, such as walking, eating, working, and sleeping. Generally, oxygen is carried through our red blood cells to produce energy. RBCs bind oxygen to our hemoglobin, which dissolves in our plasma and allows oxygen to flow through capillaries and arteries.
These series of processes help us create energy, survive, and thrive. When our body is diseased or injured, we need more oxygen supply to accelerate processes. Hyperbaric therapy is a treatment that offers pure oxygen to the body and improves oxygen concentration.
For this reason, this article will discuss the importance of HBOT in optimizing human health and hyperbaric chamber price.
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy is a treatment that allows your body to breathe in pure oxygen at increased pressure. The person receiving the therapy sits inside a chamber, inhales pure oxygen, and improves oxygen concentration in the blood.
Why is this treatment different from normal breathing? Normally when we breathe, oxygen is carried via red blood cells, from where it is absorbed for various functions. However, HBOT is received at high pressure, which allows bodily fluids, like cerebral spinal fluids, to carry oxygen.
As a result, oxygen reaches diseased and deprived sites quickly and improves health.
Three major types of hyperbaric chambers are available in the market:
1. Monoplace chambers accommodate a single person at one time. So, only one patient can receive therapy at a time.
2. Multiplace chambers that accommodate more than one person, up to ten. So, many people receive therapy at one time.
3. Soft chamber that is designed for home use. The pressure doesnít reach very high, but good for home therapy. Understand different hyperbaric chamber price options before purchasing it.
In soft-shell chambers, the pressure goes as high as 1.7ATA, but hard chambers can go as high as 5ATA.
It is best to understand the functioning of a soft chamber when purchasing for home use. You may need to remove jewelry and accessories before the therapy, and it is not suggested to take gadgets into the chamber.
How a hyperbaric chamber benefits our body:
1. Improves oxygen concentration in the entire body
2. Stimulates the regrowth of blood vessels, improving blood flow and density
3. Reduces inflammation and swelling throughout the body
4. Enhances the flow of lymphatic fluids in the body
5. Stimulates regeneration of stem cells in the body
6. Reduces growth of infection with proper oxygen supply and immune functioning
The FDA has approved hyperbaric oxygen therapy for multiple diseases, including:
1. Decompression sickness usually happens in scuba divers
2. Wound healing from diabetes, burns, radiation injury, skin grafts, etc.
3. Carbon monoxide poisoning
4. Recovery from hearing loss
5. Non-healing infections or osteomyelitis
6. Crush or severe injury
7. Vision loss
However, it is necessary to remember that while the FDA has approved HBOT for only a few diseases, it is widely used for many other ailments. These are off-label treatments, which doesnít indicate illegal. But, the research for these treatments is still ongoing.
Some of these are:
The reason why patients with these conditions benefit from HBOT is that the therapy enhances bodily processes. With that, healing accelerates, and the impact is non-reversing.
Many athletes also utilize HBOT therapy to reduce the time of recovery or healing after an injury.
There are no major side-effects of hyperbaric oxygen therapy. Due to high pressure, you may feel discomfort in your ear initially, but your body eventually adjusts. Therefore, this is a non-invasive treatment with minimal side effects and damage to your body.
Patients who have some extreme conditions need to take extra caution when receiving HBOT therapy.
Some of these are:
1. Ear disorder
2. Lung issue
3. A recent accident that may have caused pneumothorax in your lungs
4. Seizure disorder
It is possible to receive hyperbaric oxygen therapy at home. Patients who suffer from chronic long-term illnesses purchase the chamber for consistent use. It is cost-effective and feasible in the long run.
For example, athletes purchase hyperbaric oxygen chambers to receive therapy regularly. They consistently need to recover from an injury or rigorous workout, so buying a chamber seems like an optimum choice.
Another example is the parents of an autistic child who is experiencing healing with this therapy. So, they may purchase the chamber to provide therapy daily.
Remember, you should consider hyperbaric chamber prices and features from various vendors before making a purchase.
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy is a valuable non-invasive treatment utilized in many long-term and short-term illnesses. If you or anyone in your family has an ailment that can be treated with HBOT therapy, consider purchasing the chamber. Explore its benefits and compare hyperbaric chamber prices to make a purchase.
Donít forget to consult with your doctor to understand the correct treatment option for your disease and condition.