To delete your account, you must give a reason for the deletion. In addition, you must provide your name, email address, and phone number. This information will be required for the Cash App customer support team to contact you. If you don't provide the correct information, the customer support team may not be able to delete Cash App account.
You can delete your account if you've used a Cash App but no longer want to use it.
- To do this, sign into the Cash App website and select the "Account" section.
- Then, click the Account Settings tab and scroll down to the bottom.
- You'll then be directed to the "Delete My Account" page.
- Follow the instructions and follow the prompts to confirm your account deletion.
Things to consider before you delete your Cash App Account-
Before you close Cash App account, you should ensure that you've backed up any important documents or online accounts. This is because your account will delete access to your data, including your bank account information. You should also back up your mobile phone and other important files or documents. This will prevent you from losing your data in the future.
- You must first download your account history to delete the Cash App account.
- The process of how to delete Cash App account is easy and secure. Once you've backed up all your information, uninstall the app from your phone. You'll then receive a confirmation message that you've unlinked your account.
- Before you deactivate your Cash App account, make sure to download your transaction history from the app. After deletion, the account will not be accessible. Cash App is legally required to retain all of your account information.
- Hopefully, this will give you peace of mind that your Cash App account is no longer connected to your bank account.
Can you temporarily deactivate your Cash App account?
Before you can deactivate your Cash App account, you must first cancel your subscription. This can be done by logging in to your account dashboard and confirming your decision via email or text message. Be sure to confirm your decision, as you won't want to end up needing to redownload the app.
- First, sign in to your Cash App account.
- Once you've logged in, click the "account settings" menu.
- From the account settings menu, tap the "personal information" tab.
- Tap "deactivate the account."
- You will need to provide the reason for deleting the account and your full contact details on this page.
- A customer support representative will then contact you to request further information.