The Langtang Valley Trekking blog will provide you with all the information you need about hiking in Langtang. From food and lodging to everything you can expect from your trip, this blog will provide you with all the information you need to succeed in your Langtang trip.
What to expect from Langtang Valley Trekking?
- Kyanjin Gompa - an ancient monastery in the Langtang area
- Panoramic views of the Himalayas from Kyanjin Ri and Tserko Ri (5000 m); the highest height you can reach
- Glaciers and snow-capped mountains, including the famous Langtang Lirung (7246 m), the highest peak in the Langtang Himal
- Experience the unique Tamang and ethnic Tibetan Buddhist culture
- Visit the Kyanjin Gompa cheese factory.
- Unique plants and animals of Langtang National Park
- Rare and endangered wildlife including red panda, Himalayan black bear, snow/mountain leopards, gorillas, Tibetan snow cockpit, etc.
Langtang Valley Trekking permit cost
Here is Langtang Valley Trekking Permit:
- Langtang National Park - USD 30 per person
- TIMS card: $ 20 per person (free per truck)
- TIMS card: USD 10 per person (for an authorized trekking agency)
You can view complete information about TIMS (Trekkers Information Management System)
If you plan to visit Langtang, Shepherd Holidays will cover all the necessary permits and fees before your trip.
Packing list for Langtang Trekking
This article will help you be careful and aware of events that may happen along the way. And thanks to the idea of ??the proper packaging, your trip will be more honest and productive in the future.
Be careful not to repack when Langtang Valley Trekking packing List. It is always a wise decision to pack things wisely. While you can rent luggage racks, adding more luggage or cargo is not good. So before you pack, you need to know about the weather and temperature while driving. And you can plan accordingly.
Bring important documents and things.
- Some copies of passport format photos, copies of citizenship
- For foreigners: valid passport, drawing the permit, copy of passport, copy of travel insurance, copy of valid visa document
For your head
- A hat and scarf will help your safety and protect your head from dust and direct sunlight.
- It is more important to wear a warm hat or cap to keep your ears warm in the cold weather of the Langtang trek.
- Sunglasses are also an essential material for your trip; Polarized sunglasses must not be missing.
- Headlights with additional batteries and light bulbs are essential when walking. Because if you want to walk at night, you need light.
For your hands
- A pair of lightweight gloves to hold a small stick and create a tighter grip
- Hand moisturizers will keep your hands and skin in good condition
For your upper body
- Lightweight trekking t-shirt for protection from direct sunlight and sunburn
- Waterproof Jacket
- Feather jacket
- Jacket against the wind
- Breathable underwear
- Muffler or scarf
For your lower body
- Hiking pants
- Fur pants
- Windproof / waterproof trekking pants
- For your feet
- Inside, a pair of thin cotton lightweight socks will make you comfortable.
- Trekking shocks
- A pair of walking boots should be waterproof with traction and grip.
- Additional spine support pairs are also crucial on your journey because you sometimes need them when you feel muscle cramps or sprains.
- A pair of sandals
More trekking stuff for this trek
- A sleeping bag, a four-season sleeping bag, is handy
- Travel bags with a volume of at least 50-70 liters
- Great back for the safety of your bag
- Trail map or guide to the Langtang hiking trail
- Pen and diaries to write down some important notes and travel information
- Travel charger with power bank
- Camera, memory card with sufficient additional battery
- Extra mobile phone and headphones for your entertainment in the tea rooms and everywhere while relaxing
- A pair of energy bars
- Bottled water for bottle reuse
- Toilet paper
- Trekking Polos
Medical supplies for you
- FIRST AID
- Water purification tablets, diarrhea tablets, headache tablets for your good health
- Several strips of antiseptic tapes, first aid tapes
- Some remedies for colds and coughs
- Hand washing
- Some tissue paper
- Wet wipes
- Disinfectants for hands
- High SPF sunscreen
This is a general packing list for the Langtang trek that every tractor should pack, regardless of their walking time. For example, if you are hiking in the winter, you should wear warm winter clothes in the first place to protect yourself from rain and cold.
While for summer hiking, you have to pack waterproof backpacks with reliable equipment in the rain. In addition, you should wear shoes with a solid grip.
Therefore, you should be wise before packing and pack more specific hiking equipment for special seasons and climatic conditions.
Packing Tips for Langtang Valley Trekking
- Don't forget to pack water purifiers/cleaning tablets during the trip. You may have to pay to get a water bottle in the tea room. So if you use reusable water bottles, you can refill the water anywhere along the way. There you can drink it by adding cleaning tablets.
- If you are hiking in the summer / rainy season, don't forget to pack raincoats, raincoats, waterproof backpacks, and waterproof boots. During the summer tour, you can meet many sponges, worms, and insects. Therefore, it is good to bring insecticides or table salt.
- If you plan to walk in the winter, you will need to wrap warm fleece, thermal liners, and a warm base coat.
- No matter how late you go hiking, you are on the safe side if you take a four-season sleeping bag.
- If possible, do not pack heavy accessories such as laptops, iPods, and other electronic gadgets, as you will often not use them on the go. They're just burdening your luggage.
- To reduce packaging costs, you can rent some towing equipment from $ 1 to $ 10 from Thamel. And after use, you can send gears.
- Don't forget to bring Nepalese money with extra money because there are no ATMs in the mountains where you can withdraw money for transactions. Don't forget to pack protein bars and Kathmandu chocolate. You need a lot of them to walk, but they are a bit expensive on the trails. So it's a good idea to buy it at a lower price in Kathmandu.
- Pack extra walking sandals to use when you have to wander around the teahouses. Or you can use it if your feet are tired of walking shoes. Always have your permit, passport, visa documents, and travel insurance documents in your daily package. It would help if you had them all the time at the various checkpoints on your route.
In the end,
It is always what you pack in your trekking bag that determines your trekking experience. If you are at a high altitude but lack essential equipment, you have the least memories of walking. So before you pack for the trip, you need to listen to the geography, temperature, and weather conditions of the place you are going to. You also need to be very careful when arranging the packing list for the Langtang route. If you pack wisely and correctly, you will gather the most valuable memories.
Contact us if you need more information about the Langtang trek or other Nepal friction. We will be happy to help you plan your trip. In addition, we will be happy to redesign our routes according to your wishes.